Monday 11 November 2013

Repurposed pine cupboard

I found this old cupboard on the side of the road.  It was in a bad way with one door off and the other hanging half off.  I think the family were horrified that I would even bring it home.  I love a challenge so I set about pulling the back off and took away the doors and sanded back the wood and put wooden tongue and groove panels on the back of it.  I had some cream tiles left over from my bathroom so I glued them to the top and then grouted with cream grout in between the tiles.  The picture above is the cupboard when it is half completed and the one below the completed project.  I have now put the cupboard near our front door.   The baskets have rugs for the children to use in winter when they are watching their favourite movie on the television.  The picture of Jesus was given to me by an old friend Sister Monica (a Presentation sister who taught my sister Patty and I in Year 11).  The picture had been in her family for many years.  I love this picture of Jesus and often times I will make myself a cup of tea and then sit on the lounge and spend some time with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment